Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Recap: Saturday, August 8 & Sunday, August 9, 2009

Date: Saturday, August 8 & Sunday, August 9

Houston, TX (Saturday) & San Antonio, TX (Sunday)


Roundup:

- Still not that much coming in. I blame Texas.


News:

- None.


Interviews:

- None.


Videos:

- None.


Twitter Updates:

- All quiet on the twitter front, I left my phone charging in Munich airport last week. Think it'll be fully juiced now.

- Houston, TX. 36 degrees. 30 min set tonight then see what this Green Day bunch are like.

- Driving to San Antonio, TX, you know... they shot some of Ace Ventura 2 there?


Photos:

- Musilac Festival (July 12) Photos. [See More.]

- I'm on a boat mother f***er! ... I mean. Nick and Alex. Boating. [See More.]

- Apparently security is very anti-fan-camera at the Green Day shows. So, yeah. Not a whole lot of good fan photos surfacing. You can take a look at this, but don't hold your breath.

- Small preview photos of Franz opening for Green Day in Houston, Texas. I know. I wish they were bigger too. [See More.]


Other:

- After over a month of no-blog activity Paul posted two blogs - "Swearbox Uploads Number 1" & "Amy Blakemore". Find them over here.

- The (rather short) set-list for their Green Day support appears to be something along the lines of: Matinee ; No You Girls ; DYWT ; What She Came For ; Michael ; Take Me Out ; Ulysses ; This Fire.

- So far, reaction for their opening has been mostly positive (there are always a few nay-sayers). This either means that Franz Ferdinand fans use twitter a lot more than Green Day fans do or that they've been getting the job done.


Picture Of The Week:

In honour of Franz being in Texas, here's Nick. Being Nick. And looking appropriately cowboy like. He's also next to a question mark. Because it's true. We're all asking: "Why Green Day?"



Click here for big!


This Week:

- Tuesday, August 11 - St. Louis, Missouri (Green Day Support)

- Wednesday, August 12 - Kansas City, Missouri (Green Day Support)

- Thursday, August 13 - Omaha, Nebraska (Green Day Support)

- Saturday, August 15 - Denver, Colorado (Green Day Support)

- Sunday, August 16 - Salt Lake City, Utah (Green Day Support)

3 comments:

  1. In the defense of Texas.... We are not all cowboys! Thats all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's up with the blog? no news anymore? :(
    I need the info because I'm out of the city!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry! I haven't been home the past few days and last night my internet decided to crack out on me. I should have an update posted in a little bit.

    ReplyDelete